
I hate to admit it, but my daughter has taken after me when it comes to the ability to fight off illness. I've always had a weak immune system and if I even get within a one mile radius of someone who has a virus or cold...I'm going to catch it. As most of you know, Addison started preschool back in August and has basically been sick ever since. She keeps catching small colds, which in turn cause her ears to fill with fluid...hence ear infections. Tuesday, we went to see the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor here in town and a decision was made to go ahead and put tubes in her ears next Wednesday. The doctor said her ears looked okay at the moment and that we needed to go ahead and do the surgery while she was on an antibiotic and getting well. Apparently, they can't put tubes in while the ears are still infected. As our luck would have it, yesterday afternoon she started running 103 degree fever. I gave her Tylenol last night and she was able to rest most of the night. This morning, she woke up with fever again and while I was getting her dressed, I noticed about 10-15 small red bumps all over her body. Chicken pox or just bug bites?? We're not sure. Colin took her to my mom this morning to let her look at them and we're just going to play things by ear. If she does have chicken pox, luckily it seems to be a mild case. More to come on that...it might be a fun weekend! (insert heavy sarcasm) Poor baby (and poor parents too). =)
1 comment:
well the bright side of it will be that if it is the chicken pox, she will get that over with early!!!
Post a Comment