I feel the need to share my heart today. Colin and I are obviously very thrilled that I am expecting again...even if it's a little hard to believe. While some people have been just as thrilled as we are and very supportive of our news, some have made comments about us sharing our news so early. Here's what I believe... As a Christian, I believe that I am a faithful person and I will not allow Satan (or those who Satan uses) to steal my joy. Obviously, anything could happen with this pregnancy, but I truly believe that it is in the Lord's hands. If I choose to let fear keep me from sharing our good news, then am I not saying, "Lord, I trust you, but not completely." As many of you know, WLBT chief meteorologist Barbie Bassett is expecting also. She actually shared something about fear on her blog today that I found very comforting. Here's what Barbie had to say:
Is Satan using fear to grip you about something? Perhaps it is the fear of getting bad news from the doctor, fear of losing your stable job, fear that you're marriage is breaking up, just name your fear. Since this has bothered me so much (and to be honest, I don't know why), I've had to start studying what the Bible says about fear. Psalm 112:7-8 says, "I am not afraid of receiving bad news; my faith is strong and I trust in the Lord. I am not worried or afraid." Luke 12:32 says, "I will not be seized with alarm and struck with fear, for it is my Father's good pleasure to give me the kingdom." I have been repeating these verses over and over, out loud, for the last few weeks. I even went so far as to write them down, put them on my wall in my office next to a picture of my sonogram. Satan is hearing me say these verses and he doesn't like it.So whatever fear you may have in your life now, do as the Psalmist says: "trust in the Lord." I believe God will honor our faith in our times of anxiety.
I trust in those verses and will not let fear or Satan steal my joy. Some of you already know, but I had some blood work done yesterday and my levels were borderline where they should be. Although, they are not low, the doctor wants to make sure they increase over the next few days. I will have more blood work done on Thursday to make sure my levels are going up and I have faith that the Lord will take care of everything. He is in control (not us) and when we stop and remember that, everything will turn out okay in the end.
3 comments:
Oh wow! How exciting for you! It is amazing how Satan can control us. Let's hang in there together and we'll defeat this spirit of fear!
I know that the Lord is in control and I know that all will be well.
love ya girl!
Sara, we shared our news very early on, also.
I see absolutely nothing wrong with it, and I agree completely with your post.
I am keeping you (and the family) in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment