Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Blood Clot or Not?

There's never a dull moment in the Leach household, that's for sure! I spent the afternoon at Baptist today having a doppler ultrasound of my vascular system after having some pain and tenderness in my calf for the past two days. After talking with the triage nurse several times, they wanted to bring me in immediately and do an ultrasound of my leg to make sure I didn't have a blood clot, especially considering that I've been on bed rest for almost three months and haven't been as mobile. The good news is that my blood is flowing properly and it looks as if the calf tenderness is due to all the fluid in my legs pushing against the vascular walls. The bad news is that I have to drive back to Jackson tomorrow for my regular doctor's appointment. They didn't want me to wait until tomorrow to have the ultrasound of my leg, but they couldn't squeeze me into to see Dr. T today...so I'll be back at Casa de Baptist in the morning! I felt kind of silly for even calling the nurse, but they all assured me that blood clots are nothing to mess around with and that pregnancy puts you at a higher risk. So, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry!

No comments: