Friday, May 09, 2008

A Reason to Celebrate




It's Mother's Day weekend and I can't believe that this is already the second year that I'll celebrate the holiday with my precious Addison Claire! Colin treated me to an early Mother's Day lunch yesterday at Anchuca Cafe. It was delicious and we enjoyed our time together. Most of all, I enjoyed being able to get out of the house for a little while.

I am 35 weeks today and since the doctor said I only have a few weeks left, I have more freedom to get up and do some things. I can now have a few outings a week, and at 37 weeks, I'll get to do even more as I countdown to my C-section date on June 5. I couldn't be more ready! I have reached the completely uncomfortable stage where I'm always hot and there's no way to sleep without my belly tightening up. In fact, I was up at 3:30 the other morning browsing the Internet and eating a banana popsicle after not being able to sleep. Pitiful, I know! In a few weeks when Landry is here and we're doing middle-0f-the-night feedings, I'll be dying for that 3:30 a.m. sleep.

We have a full weekend planned. I just hope Landry can hang in there. We're having lunch with Colin's family tomorrow to celebrate Mother's Day, family/maternity pictures taken tomorrow afternoon, and then a cookout with my dad's side of the family at my grandparent's house on Sunday afternoon.

To all of you mothers, I hope you have a wonderful day on Sunday! I feel extremely blessed to be a mother after three years of wondering if we'd ever have a baby. The Lord has truly blessed us with a beautiful daughter and I can't wait to meet my little man! Speaking of Addison, I'll leave you with a few pics of her playing outside today and blowing me kisses. What a way to melt a mama's heart! And to Whitney and Alex, thanks for the delicious almond chicken casserole and the cherry cobbler. It was great!!

No comments: