Monday, December 08, 2008

Babies, Birthdays and A Parade

Addison enjoying the view of the parade from her daddy's shoulders.

Landry trying to catch a glimpse of the lights on a float.

Bovina's float making its debut.

Addison loved the glitter, sea creatures and especially the pink tree!

Colin entertained the kids before church by taking some photos. These photos are so typical of Addison's daily interaction with Landry. She can't keep her hands off of him!

Okay, so I admit...despite my attempt to convince myself that I deserved to get some rest this weekend, we spent most of the weekend on the road. However, I did manage to take Sunday night for myself and get some presents wrapped, so that's progress, right?? :) Saturday morning, we woke up bright and early, got dressed, and headed to Brandon for my nephew Ryan's birthday party. After lunch, we decided to stop at the hospital so I could see Mary Morgan and Kennedy in the NICU. I was excited that I finally got to see them in person since I didn't get a chance to go in the NICU during my last visit. They are so precious and so tiny. Addison kept asking to see her cousins and couldn't understand why she couldn't go in to see them. However, she was just as happy to go see Krisa (aka "Kwisa"). We are praying for these sweet little miracles and hope they will get to go home for Christmas. After our hospital visit, we headed to the Gail Pittman outlet and I ran in while Colin stayed in the car with the kids. When I came back out, all three of them were asleep. I hopped in the driver's seat and drove the three nappers back to Vicksburg in time for the Christmas parade downtown. There were so many people downtown and it was very chilly, but it was worth it to see Addison's eyes light up with each float that passed. This was her first time to see a parade in person, so she didn't know what to expect. She sat on Colin's shoulders and was mesmerized by all the activity. Even Landry would kick his feet in his stroller seat as he heard music. Bovina had a fabulous "Under the Sea" float that Addison absolutely adored since she is obsessed with Nemo and Little Mermaid. My friend Amanda, her sister Alisa, and several other parents and teachers worked extremely hard on the float. They won second place and we are so proud of them! Yesterday after church, we had lunch at my grandparent's house and then Colin and Addison headed to Clinton for his mom's birthday dinner while Landry and I stayed home to get some presents wrapped and under the tree. I rarely have time with just Landry, so I enjoyed having a present-wrapping date with him and he loved watching me tie all the shiny ribbon. He is such a content baby and I am so thankful for that. I'll leave you with a few pics from this weekend. We are gearing up for Addison's annual Christmas program and reception at preschool on Friday, so stay tuned for more pics.

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

Thanks for the compliments on the float- we are glad it is over:) I am glad we were working on the float at the church, it made it much easier to let the kids see Santa Fiday night. Thanks to you and Colin for all the work involved it putting that together!!!

Deanna said...

Such sweet pictures!

You crack me up that you take some time for yourself and wrap presents. Someone may have to come over to babsit your kids so you and Colin can go out for a date. That is what you need!