Landry's first time to meet Santa. He tried to pull Santa's beard off. (Thanks to my sweet husband for being a good Santa sport again this year).
Landry with his day-time momma--Mrs. Lelia
Addison refused to sit on Santa's lap, but she did get close enough to get a candy cane.
Landry checking out all the action at the Preschool Party.
Addison wanted a picture of her reindeer pajamas before I got her dressed for school.
"I am six months old today!"
He looks alike his sister's baby pics here with his towel after bath.I couldn't be happier to see the weekend. I have had an unbelievably hectic couple of weeks at work...lots of projects (two brochures and a video to produce in the next few weeks, five briefings to compile, and a recruiting trip in February to Puerto Rico) and not enough hours to satisfy my obsessive compulsive self who wants to get it all done in a week. Balancing work and the demands of home-- sick children, a busy holiday social calendar, presents that need to be wrapped, cards that need to be sent, etc.---can be tough and I think I am just going to have to cry "mercy" and start saying "no" to some things. I have a hard time saying no and I know a lot of women who are the same way. We are expected to be everything to everybody---a loving wife, a great housekeeper, a nurturing mother, the room mother who bakes the perfect treats and the list goes on. Some days I feel like I have multiple personalities from all the different roles that I have had to play in one day. Does this sound all too familiar? If so, I say we all ban together and take time for ourselves this weekend. I think I am going to spend a few extra minutes in a bubble bath this weekend and not feel guilty about laundry that needs folding or just cuddle up on the couch in my pajamas with my family and watch a movie with the ambience of Christmas lights around me. Have a great weekend and take some time to do something for yourself. I'll leave you with a few pics from the Supper with Santa tonight at church and of the kids this morning. Landry is six months old today! I can't believe it!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Looks like a great time with Santa. I can't believe Landry is already 6 months old. Time flies. They look cute in their pj's. As a former "yes" woman, I will tell you that saying "no" to some things is hard at first but eventually becomes quite freeing. Vegging on the couch sounds like a good plan this weekend.
Good for you! I am a yes person too. I definitely nearly killed myself trying to do it all and do it all "perfect" because I am so OCD! Saying "no" is very freeing and saying no to others means saying YES to yourself and your family. It makes our husbands and our God so happy!
Landry and Addison look SO MUCH alike in that picture of them together!!! They are both so precious!!!
Post a Comment