Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pneumonia Hits Again

Well, we were right in our assumption...Addison spent the morning at the doctor's office and she has pneumonia yet again. She got another shot of rocephin, a stronger antibiotic for her chest and her ears, a breathing treatment and we were written a prescription for a nebulizer/breathing machine. She started on Albuterol/Pulmocort this evening and I can tell that it's starting to break some of the chest congestion up. Several of you have told me how much the breathing machine has helped your own children, so I'm honestly glad that we finally have one...not only for this round of illness but for preventing future episodes. She has to stay in until Monday, so she's going to miss her Christmas party at school tomorrow and her last three days of school before the break. Despite the fact that she's going to miss out, I promised to make white-chocolate dipped oreos on a stick with sprinkles for tomorrow along with treat cups. I finally got everything finished just a bit ago and I plan to meet my mom in the morning to hand everything off. I don't think she fully understands that she's going to miss the party, so I hope she doesn't throw a fit in the morning when she realizes the treats are leaving the house and she's not. I guess we'll cross that bridge in the morning. Night, Night--sleep tight!

6 comments:

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

hope everyone is well soon:)

Sweet T said...

I hope Addison gets some relief this go 'round. That pneumonia is tough to kick out (like that little Mucinex germ-guy in the commercials).

Deanna said...

Poor Addison! I hope that she feels better before Christmas.

Your new blog header is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!

Tyanne said...

I hope she feels better soon. We got one of those breathing tx last year when Sam had RSV and if you also get some broncosaline when they have sinus trouble you can give them just a plain saline tx and it helps them out a little as well.

Taylor & Krisa said...

Poor thing! I hope she is feeling better soon. The holidays are a hard time to not feel good - even for little ones!

Jeanelle said...

Poor thing. I hope she gets better soon. We were in the doctor's office with Gabby today...double ear infection, fever and coughing til she throws up.
Good times, good times.