Monday, December 15, 2008

Countdown Til Christmas

A little sparkle for the table

The table before the rest of the food arrived. Every inch of the table was filled with yummy food soon after the party started.


Good food and good fellowship.

The sweetest twins you'll ever meet (aside from our new family additions, of course!)

Heath and Laura Beth

Jason and Erin

Group shot, take one

Group shot, take two after changing photographers. Why can't you find your tripod when you need it?

My little turkey contemplating his escape.

The three greatest blessings of my life

Is it just me or has Christmas come really fast this year? I am so glad that I have all of my shopping done, but it seems like the month has just flown by. And as if things weren't busy enough, Addison started yesterday with pneumonia-like breathing again and then started running 102 degree fever tonight. Soooo, it's back to the pediatrician in the morning for the fifth time in four weeks to try to get her well before Christmas. On to happier things, Colin and I hosted a Christmas party Sunday night for the 20s-30s age group. Despite the warm temps outside, we still managed to get in the Christmas spirit and have a good time. The table was slam packed with yummy appetizers and desserts and we even managed to get a group picture at the end of the evening. We also took advantage of the weekend and finally moved Landry from the Amby bed in our room to his crib. Both of my kids have used the Amby bed for reflux (thanks Sarah S.---it's the best thing I ever bought) and I moved Addison to her crib at four months. With Landry, it's been different and I've had a hard time taking the leap to move him since I know he's going to be my last baby. I guess I just don't want to admit that he's already six months old. He's growing way too fast. However, Colin and I knew it was time the other night when we found him sitting up in the Amby bed and leaning over like he was contemplating jumping out of the Amby bed on his own. I have to admit it was pretty hilarious, but not a risk we are willing to take. We moved him to his crib and he's done perfectly fine. In fact, I've been paranoid and had to walk all the way across the house several times to check on him because he doesn't make a peep. I am not complaining, but I can't help but be a little overprotective sometimes. Addison is so excited about Christmas and I honestly think she enjoys getting together with family just as much as the idea of presents. She's especially excited to meet her new cousins-- Mary Morgan and Kennedy-- on Christmas Eve. Until then, I guess I'll be busy cooking, taking care of a sick child again, and looking forward to a few days off of work next week!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for hosting the party at your house. It was really fun and nice to get away for a few hours. And thanks for listening to me as well. I needed that. :)

AMANDA said...

The party turned out great! Oh and Christmas has come very quick!

Ashley said...

I was wondering if Addison was sick again when I saw her and Colin and the pedi's this morning! Poor thing. We started doing breathing treatments with Pulmicort and Albuterol with Ad last year when he got pneumonia 3 times in 2 months. We still do pulmicort daily and it has made a WORLD of difference. No more wheezing and when he does get sick, it rarely goes into his chest, where without it, it was every time. Maybe something like that would clear her up??

PS- your holiday table looked cute!

Amy said...

The party was fun! Thanks for hosting it. Sorry I had to leave early. Hate that I missed the group pic b/c I had a tripod with me!

Deanna said...

The party looks so fun and you always do such a great job decorating.