Being silly
A rare pic of mama with her wild little indian in Nana and Papa's new house.I can't believe Christmas is just days away. In between caring for sick children, I've been busy cooking and doing some final wrapping and cleaning. Landry has been battling ear infections for a month now and had a check-up on Friday. One of his ears is still infected, so the doctor gave us a fourth antibiotic. He is such a sweet baby that you never even know he's sick until he starts running fever. Saturday morning, he started running fever after the ear flared back up which made him projectile vomit his morning bottle. Fun times! Despite feeling crummy, he hardly even fussed and just wanted to be held some. The doctor advised that we keep Addison in through Sunday, so I kept both of them home this morning to try to give them an extra day to recover. While Colin was at church working the nursery, Addison and I spent the morning cooking for our Leach Family Christmas tomorrow night (it's our year to host). Addison enjoyed helping me making veggie bars, praline cheese ball, tomato sandwiches and cookies. I've had to do my best to keep her busy this week because between being sick and the steroids in the breathing treatment, she has been quite challenging. I've chalked a lot of her behavior up to the meds and just being two years old, but I can honestly say that she has exhausted us this week. If anyone has some tips for back-talking, please share! After lunch, we headed to my parent's house to visit with cousin Zachary who is in town and help do a few things in the new house. The rest of this week will be filled with family Christmas gatherings and lots of food. Naturally, just as I finally fit back into a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear in three years, we have an entire week of family gatherings that include eating. And by the way, I promise that my next post will have some pics of my poor, neglected Landry man. I may not take his pic as often, but that doesn't mean he doesn't get lots of kisses. :) Have a great week, everyone!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
4 comments:
Poor sick little ones! Ugh. I feel awful when Clay gets sicky. He looks so pitiful.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! (And don't worry too much about the jeans. That's what January is for!)
I know your family is going to have a wonderful Christmas. Have a Merry Christmas!
If anyone gives you advice about the "back talk", pass it along to me!!! :) Merry Christmas!
Hey, I have been reading your lovely blog for a few weeks now, and love it! Two questions for you: can you post or send me the recipe for your veggie bars (look really yummy) from your 12/21 post, and where did you get the black/polka dot table cover on your 12/15 post? thanks! Kelli Linkis <><< linkishome@sbcglobal.net
Post a Comment