Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Farewell 2008
I can't believe that we are about to say good-bye to 2008 and hello to another year. Instead of ringing in the New Year with fireworks and parties, we will be snuggling with the kids tomorrow night after Landry's ear tube surgery. And to be honest, that's just fine with me. I am looking forward to some downtime. We have to be at River Oaks at 6:15 in the morning, so I am sure that we'll be pretty exhausted by tomorrow afternoon. We have a lot of things happening in the next few weeks and in 2009 in general. My parents are having the final inspection of their new house today and can officially start moving in tonight if the inspection goes well. I am sure that we'll be helping them move, unpack and decorate in the coming weeks. The new house couldn't come at a better time since my mom turns 50 on Tuesday. It took 50 years, but she finally got to build a brand new house like she wanted. My little man will also turn 7 months old next week. I can't believe how fast time is flying. He is such a joy and I can't wait to get his ears better so that he will return to his normal, happy self. He has started clapping this week and looks so cute smiling ear to ear and clapping at everything. In five weeks, I am heading to Puerto Rico for a week for a work trip. This will be my first time to leave Landry and the first time Colin has been left for more than a few hours with both children. Should be interesting for both of us! :) In June, Landry turns one and two weeks after his party, Colin and I are leaving both kids behind to go on an Eastern Caribbean cruise. This is our first cruise and we'll get to stop in Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. In August, I turn the big 3-0...but we won't discuss that. We are anxious to see what 2009 has in store, but are a little sad to say good-bye to another year. I guess that's what memories are for! Happy New Year to all of our family and friends! We wish you lots of luck, love, and happiness in 2009.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love the new pic on the header of your blog, so sweet! Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! I love all the cute Christmas pics! Everitt had tubes when he was 12 mo and it was no problem. Surgery was so fast and he was in no pain after. The ear-plugs that they have that are clear and do not block the sound you need to get from the audiologist or doctor before you leave, they are great! hope your families new year is filled with blessings and everyone stays well for a while. My parents went on that cruise a few years ago and loved it...Bon Voyage!
Enjoy these last 9 months of your 20's. I've been 30 for 3 months and already notice that gravity has taken a toll on my face. :( Hope Landry does well with his tubes and gets some much-needed relief. We'll be praying for him.
I too am on the count down to the 3-0, mine is in May though.... will be praying for you all in the morning. Take notes for me since i am sure that is the direction we are headed! What fun trips to have to look forward to, great breaks make mommie much happier which makes everyone much happier!
By now, y'all might be finished at the hospital. Hope everything went well. I checked out Rebel Yell, and it looks great! That's exciting for your parents!
Hopefully by now surgery is finished and you are home and recovering with your sweet Landry.
Enjoy this sweet time before starting another busy year. It has been so fun reading your blog and getting to know you through your daily posts.
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment