Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ringing in the New Year with New Ears

My little love bug bright and early this morning before his surgery. He was a little uncertain as to why we were getting him up in the dark.

Finally coming alive....showing us his two little teeth

Addison "swimming" in Nana's new bath.

Landry playing in Nana's empty dining room as we enjoyed a spaghetti supper--our first meal-- in their new house.


I've tried my best to stay awake until 2009, but I think I'm going to have to admit defeat and call it a night! It's been a very long day! Colin and I have been up since 4:30 a.m. We left the house at 5:35 this morning and made it to River Oaks around 6:15 for Landry's surgery. Everything went well and we were out of there by 9. He was such a big boy and didn't cry until they brought him back to recovery and he caught a glimpse of his bottle. HA! We went to Primo's afterwards and had a hearty Southern breakfast/brunch while Landry slept off his meds. Addison spent the night with my mom and dad last night (which was their first night in the new house), so we headed to Rebel Yell once we left Jackson and have been packing, moving, cleaning, decorating, purging, etc for the past eights hours. I don't know if I am going to be able to even walk tomorrow! I can feel the soreness already. The sad thing is that we'll probably be over there a lot the next few days until everything is at least moved and somewhat unpacked. Addison loved spending the night at Rebel Yell and felt so special that she got to stay in the new house on their first night. She thinks their bath tub is her own personal swimming pool, so I am sure she's going to beg to take a bath there from now on. Thanks to everyone who said a prayer for Landry today. I am hoping that his tubes will help us ring in the New Year with fewer trips to the doctor's office. And since I am too old and too tired to stay up for another hour, see you next year! When the ball drops, do a little celebrating for me. :)

1 comment:

Tyanne said...

I am glad that all went well, hopefully we can all stay out the dr's office this year!