Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Watching Them Grow

She was embarrassed that I caught her singing in the mirror. :)

She's soooo going to hate me for this picture in a few years!

My sweet man trying out the trains.

"Hmmm...kind of tasty too!"

Weeknights are always hectic around our house. By the time we get off work, pick up the kids, and make it home, it's usually almost 6 p.m. Of course, the second part of my day is just beginning and doesn't end until the kids are fed, bathed, snuggled, loved and tucked in. In the midst of our evening routine tonight, I stopped for a minute just to watch the kids and capture a brief moment of their innocence. They are literally growing before my very eyes. Landry was sitting on a blanket exploring trains. Yep, he's all boy already. He just started sitting up and I looked at him tonight and thought, "how did we get to this point so fast?" I really just want to slow things down a bit. He got his six month shots today and a second round of antibiotics for ear infections that are still present. However, he has such a laid back personality, you'd never know that anything was bothering him. As we were getting both kids ready for bath, I noticed Addison standing on her stool in our bathroom in her panties singing to herself in the mirror and talking to "Pickles" the elf. One of her favorite things to do is to wash her hands (aka..play in the water) in our bathroom. It drives me crazy since she makes such a mess, but I guess it's just part of being a toddler and wanting to do things by herself. I love watching their little personalities emerge. They definitely keep us entertained!

5 comments:

Deanna said...

When we were little we were mortified that our parents took the pictures. Now our kids get to be mortified that our parents take pictures AND post them on our blogs! Ha! Ha!

We can't help it when our kids are so cute?!?

AMANDA said...

They are growing so fast - i would have never imagined it would be so hard to see how fast they do grow!

Sweet T said...

That will be the pic that's part of a graduation power point in 15 years. Love it! That Landry is a mini-Sara!

Elizabeth said...

Those pictures of Addison are PRICELESS!

Ashley said...

oh, they are both so cute!