Saturday, January 24, 2009

Girls' Day Out

Being a true girly girl while waiting for me to finish getting her dressed.
Places to go and people to see
"Can you hear me now?"
Taking a turn in Landry's Johnny Jump Up
My sweet man with drool all over his face as he gets two more teeth in.

My little diva woke up at 6:30 this morning and came in our bedroom and climbed in the bed to snuggle like she likes to do on the weekend. The first thing she asked was, "where are we going today?" She is such a socialite that she cried when I told her that we didn't have any plans for the day. By 7:30, I had painted her nails and toes (her request) and she had dumped out an assortment of lip gloss in the floor and was sampling all of them. Needless to say, I realized that I was going to have a hard time entertaining her indoors all day. So, I made a quick call to Nana and the three of us decided to go to Jackson. Addison was tickled to death when I mentioned Nana and shopping in the same sentence. First, we stopped by the Gail Pittman outlet to stock up on some of our pattern before they officially close their doors. Afterwards, we went to Sweet Dreams in Madison and I was thrilled to find the 75% off clearance rack in the back of the store. I got Landry three smocked longalls and one corduroy longall for $62! They didn't have a lot on clearance for girls, but if you have a boy.....make the trip and stock up for next year. They had some precious Christmas and winter longalls! You can't beat getting a $70 outfit for $16. We then headed to the Ashley furniture store and picked out furniture for mama's new house. We finished up the day with an early dinner at Papitos and a quick trip to Target. Addison entertained us the entire day. Some of the things that she says completely catch me off guard. Here are a few of the highlights:
-After spotting the bras at Target, she yelled out, "Look mama, there are some boobies hanging over there!" Of course, she was yelling it loud enough for everyone to hear.
-She said, "Hey" to the cashier at Target and when the lady responded, she batted her eyelashes, turned her head and said, "I'm being shy now."
-When we were at Sweet Dreams, she saw a monkey blanket and said, "Look mama, a chunky monkey....just like brudder!"

You just never know what she's going to come up with next! Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

Deanna said...

A girl's day out sounds perfect... especially with Addison. She is so cute!

Ashley said...

Popfiz over across the street from where Swenson's used to be (and other stores, I think Foodies and Tuesday Morning)is also having a big sale on winter clothes- up to 75% off, also Polka Dot Pony in Highland Village is having a big sale. I didn't really look at the girl's clothes, but I bought a bunch of stuff for Adler next winter.

Tyanne said...

What a fun day!! I love those pics, they are so cute!

Melissa said...

love her little sayings, priceless!