My babies enjoying a scenic ride in the country via their new wagon. Addie reminds me of a fly in her huge sunglasses. :)
Colin's "Pawpaw" taking a turn.
Riding Big Fred...no diva can ride a horse without her pink rhinestone sunglasses!
She looks so big riding up there by herself.
Landry loves Uncle Toby!
She was so proud of herself!
Brother is taking it all in and wondering..."what is that smell in the pasture?"
Daddy's girl
Granny and Pawpaw's house
Landry's first time to sit on the front porch steps like so many have before him.
I love that sweet smile.
Bottle tree down by the pond
I absolutely loved this scene and the boat's reflection on the water. Unfortunately, my children refused to look at the camera.
Take two...with no success. Oh well, maybe next time.
One of the many bird feeders on the property.
My baby boy and those chubby cheeks.
I cracked up at Addison's "do" after her bath tonight. I towel dried her hair and she had huge ringlets hanging down in the front. She looked like a mixture between Lyle Lovette and a little old lady who just got her "hair did."The past few days have been emotionally draining as we said good-bye to Colin's Granny. We have enjoyed spending time with family, even though it's not under the best of circumstances. We know that time will heal our sorrow, but right now it feels like a huge void without her here. After lunch today, we headed down to Colin's grandparents' house with the rest of the family to check on the property. As soon as we drove through the gates, I expected to see Granny in her apron, just like always, waiting at the door to give us a hug as we came in. Although heartbreaking, Colin and I are glad that we have wonderful memories of her. I just hate that Addison and Landry won't have the opportunity to know her like we did. There's nothing like fresh air and an afternoon in the country though that helps you clear your head. I enjoyed taking a few pics of some of the things that we love about the house and property so that Addison and Landry will have a record of it one day. Addison enjoyed riding on Big Fred the horse and Landry enjoyed watching from the comfort of the wagon. Back when we had Thanksgivings there, we had a tradition of taking a family photo each year on the front porch of the house. I was glad that we were able to get Landry's picture on the porch today for the first time. The house has been in Granny's family for quite some time. The house belonged to Granny's grandmother, so you can imagine how old it is. All in all, we enjoyed a pleasant afternoon in the country, but no matter what, it will never be the same without Granny. We headed back to Vicksburg later in the afternoon to attend Mary-Beth's birthday party. The weather was perfect for playing and we let Addison drive Landry to the party in her pink Barbie convertible since MB lives just a couple of houses over on our cul-de-sac. Poor brother..he's going to have whiplash from her lead foot. I wish I would have had the camera or video camera with me, but since we were walking I tried to lighten the load. The kids had a great time at the party (Thanks and Happy Birthday, MB!). We wrapped up the day with dinner at my parents' house with my cousin and her husband who escaped from Missouri for a few days after the horrible ice storm. We definitely had a full day and both kids were exhausted by the time we got home tonight. I can't blame them...I am running on fumes myself. Hope everyone had a great Saturday! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. My cotton sateen sheets are calling my name!
4 comments:
There is something about the country air. :) I had no idea that the house was that old. Wow! :) Like I said before, I will never forget the 1st the I met her. She had such a sweet smile. :)
Those are such beautiful pictures of Colin's Granny's place. Why do grandparent's places just say "home"?
Hopefully one day our grandchildren will feel the same way about our homes.
Sometimes it does ya' good to get out in the country. Those are cute pics of the kids. I took some pics of R yesterday in her sunglasses too. Gonna post them later. Little Divas!!!
I love Addison's dress & sunglasses! So sassy! I've tagged you in my most recent post. No pressure though if you don't want to do it! (or if you've aleady done something like this).
Have a great week!
Post a Comment