Friday, January 09, 2009

Two Firsts in One Day

I've included a sequence of pics here because this is so reflective of their personalities. She is my drama queen and loves to entertain and he just sits back and watches most of the time. He loves to watch his sissy.



"Does she think she is an acrobat?"
Landry's eyes crack me up in this picture.

My sweet baby girl had two firsts yesterday. First, she visited the dentist for the first time for a cleaning. Even though she's never been to the dentist, seen anything about the dentist, etc, she was completely freaked out when I told her we were going. I think she thought we were going to the doctor to get a shot or something. I had to really talk it up to get her to go. She was a little apprehensive when we first got there, but once the hygienist took her mask off and offered colors, a coloring book and some stickers...she began to warm up. She stood on a chair beside me while I got my teeth cleaned and asked the hygienist a million times, "what are you dooning to my mommy?" (And yes, that's how she says "doing.") Once it was her turn, she did suprisingly well and insisted on sitting in the chair all by herself. She let them polish her teeth and look in her mouth and was super excited when they let her take home a pink latex glove. HA! After the dentist, we went to Colin's office to tell him how great she did. She sacked out as we got to the front door, so she got to take a little cat nap in Colin's arms in the comfort of his cubicle. She was excited to wake up and realize that we were in her "daddy's office." We left his office to run some errands and I decided to stop and let my cousin Amy trim Addison's hair. Her hair has been so slow to grow, so she's never had a hair cut. Although I hated to cut any length off of it (since there isn't much), I thought a trim might thicken it up a bit and help it grow faster. She sat up in the salon chair like she knew exactly what to do and even asked for Amy to use the blow dryer. :) Unfortunately, I forgot my camera because our morning was so hectic and didn't get to capture either of these events. But that's okay, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Instead, I'll share some pics of my sweet peas taken after bath time last night---my favorite part of the day. I love snuggling up with them after bath when they smell of baby lotion and baby shampoo. After our trip to the dentist and to the beauty shop, Addison told me that she had clean, white teeth and her hair cut made her so beautiful. It's evident that even two-year-old girls love to be pampered!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

love the cute brother sis pics those are priceless! It is so wonderful to have a sibling. It is those sweet moments you need to remember when they get older and start to fuss with each other.HA HA!