Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Picture Tag and Checking In

First things first, my friend Amy tagged me to post the sixth picture of my sixth photo folder. So here it is. Addison was five months old when this picture was taken. She was so tiny at five months compared to Landry. It's amazing how fast you forget memories like this. I've said it before and I'll say it again, they just grow up way too fast! I have been completely snowed under at work. Yes, I am very grateful to have a job and one where I am trusted to handle important projects, but it seriously has been non-stop from the minute I walk in the door in the morning until I leave (which has been after dark) and it starts all over the next day. I have several projects that I am trying to get ready for the Puerto Rico trip, so I hope things will slow down a bit once the trip is over. I had no idea that stress could cause vision problems, but I went to the eye doctor Tuesday after having severe eye strain and vision problems for the past month...including an ocular migraine where I could only see an image that looked like a bright blue shimmering lake for about 20 minutes....and I was told that stress was causing everything. Seriously? I know that stress can affect everything in your body, but your eyes?? Anyway, I now have a list of instructions from the eye doctor, but most importantly, try to relax and take deep breaths. He also recommended that I get a pair of cheap readers from the dollar store or Wal-mart to wear with my contacts while I'm on the computer. Yep, I get prescribed readers before I even turn 30 this year. Sad, right? The good news is that Monday is government holiday and I could really use a long weekend...if nothing else just to rest my eyes and go out and purchase my handy dandy reading lenses. :)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hope things slow down soon. Now, you should go with some of those Sally Jesse Raphael-looking specs!

Deanna said...

I am never surprised at what stress can do to your body. Follow your doctors orders and get some rest, relax and enjoy your long weekend!

AMANDA said...

I new you had to have alot going on since I haven't heard much from you these days.

Amy said...

Btw, I meant to mention that precious pic of Addison in my other comment. She was so tiny! Love those eyes and lips! :)

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow:)