Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Heaven's Newest Angel

Granny holding Landry for the first time

Nearly 11 years ago, I met one of the sweetest ladies by the name of Mrs. Betty Wilson. To Colin, her name was "Granny" and it didn't take long before she became "Granny" to me too. Our hearts are extremely heavy tonight as Granny has left us after battling cancer for the past year or so. We will miss her laugh, her stories, her chocolate candy, her gentleness, and so much more. Even though I wish Addison and Landry would have gotten more time with her, I am so grateful that she was able to meet her two great grandbabies. She was so proud of them and I know that she will watch over them now from her heavenly perch. I am comforted tonight by these verses, and amazingly enough as my heart was aching and I opened my devotion book to today's page, this is what it said:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."
Ecclesiastes, Chapter 3, Verses 1-8
So, for tonight and the next few days, we'll weep and mourn, but we'll do so with a remembrance of a lovely woman and we'll be reminded of the wonderful times we had with her. We love you, Granny!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am so sorry. I know all of you will miss her very much.

Deanna said...

So sorry. It is so difficult to let go of someone so special in our lives even if they are going to such a wonderful place.

Ashley said...

So sorry for your loss.

Sweet T said...

So sorry about the loss of your Granny. I know she was very special to your family.

Carrie said...

So sorry to hear that. Ya'll have had such a rough time lately. Is that where Landry gets his middle name (I'm guessing)? Wonderful picture.

AMANDA said...

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you, even watch those sweet little ones for you.