Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Nana is 50!

Addison as a fairy and Nana dressed as "Mother Goose" (very fitting) last year at First Pres' Halloween Party.

My sweet momma is 50 years young today. You don't truly realize the unconditional love that your momma has given over the years until you become a mother yourself. It's so true that motherhood opens your eyes to the sacrifices that your parents made for you during your childhood. There are probably many things about my younger years that I would go back and change if I could. I would have skipped terrible twos, been a little less hormonal as a teenager, and would have appreciated the value of my daddy's hard-earned dollar a little more. I can honestly say that I grew up in a loving home all because the story began 50 years ago when the Lord put my momma on this Earth. I firmly believe that God gives everyone spiritual gifts and it's up to us whether we use those gifts or not. Without a doubt, my mom's gift is the love of children. She has worked as a kindergarten teacher assistant, been a "Nana" to a host of children who she kept in her home for almost ten years, helped raise a niece and a nephew who weren't her own, and is now a "Nana" once again as a preschool teacher at First Pres. No matter how many children call her "Nana," she makes sure that Addison and Landry know without a doubt that she's THEIR Nana above anyone else's. They think that she hung the moon and she probably would (if she could) just for them. We love you, Nana. Thank you for all that you do. Happy Birthday! We expect you to stay around for at least 50 more!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Amen! I totally agree with everything you said! I appreciate my mother SO much more now that I'm a mother myself. And she's still giving 100% even when she doesn't have to! Happy Birthday, Nana!

AMANDA said...

Happy Happy Birthday Nana!!!!!

Deanna said...

Happy Birthday, Nana!