Wednesday, January 07, 2009

It's No Doubt They're Related

Landry last month
Addison at same age
And another of Addison...if it weren't for the pearls, it would be hard for some people to tell them apart.

Landry turned seven months old on Monday. He is such a happy and enjoyable baby and smiles from the minute he gets up in the morning until the time I lay him down at night. He's feeling so much better after getting his tubes. We had several days where fluid drained from his ears and after all the pressure was relieved, we could tell a big difference in the way he felt. Ask anyone in my family and they will tell you that he's a big mama's boy. Despite that, guess what his first word was this weekend? Yep, "Dada." Why is that? He's been talking gibberish a lot more lately, so I have a feeling he's going to be saying more words very soon. He's not crawling yet, but has scooted a little when he gets on his stomach. We also discovered this week that he may be allergic to bananas. After giving him banana baby food several times, we noticed that he would turn bright red around his mouth. I was surprised that bananas were culprit and not berries. For now, we'll take a break from anything with banana in it. So many people comment on how much Addison and Landry look alike in pictures. I went back to some pics yesterday of Addison around his age and there's no doubt that they are brother and sister and there's no doubt that his sister is crazy about him.....even when she's too agressive in showing him. Even when they are a handful, the two of them truly the love of our lives.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

No doubt about it. They look a LOT alike and they are both definitely yours! Precious.

Melissa said...

wow! they look so much alike! I am so glad the tubes went well. You will be suprised how quickly his speech comes after the tubes. I also wanted to share some of our experiences with a possible banana allergy. First if you fed baby food, try just plain organic banana that way you can make sure it is not a preservtive or a chemical from it being harvested. Second if it is a true allergy, be careful of Latex. Kids will show Banana and Kiwi allergy before the Latex shows up. The protein in Banana and Kiwi is the same as in Latex. Usually a banana allergy will be outgrown and the latex will show up, like with my son. Just wanted to share in case you ever need it. Our family is the king of allergies and we also have a great allergist if you ever need one.

Carly Winborne said...

they are beautiful!!

7 months! that's my favorite age. i'm envious. :)

AMANDA said...

I can not believe he is already seven months, you've got to be kidding me:)

Jeanelle said...

Oh my, I surely would've thought that was Landry had it not been for the pearls! They look just alike! (both adorable, of course!)