.jpg)
I am proud to say that the first few days of 2009 have been quite successful. First of all, my beloved Rebels played a heck of a game against Texas Tech to win the Cotton Bowl, so yesterday was a great day to be a Rebel fan. Hotty Toddy! After helping move my parents into their new house and purging those things that haven't been used in a while, I was inspired to clean out at my own house. I have spent the past couple of days cleaning out all of our closets and making piles of "throw away," "give away," "pass on," "return," etc. I've cleaned out storage bins, added new canvas bins on certain shelves, and tried to consolidate stored items best I could. It's always great to feel like your making some progress in de-cluttering. I just need to move on to other rooms now! I also tried my hand at a project last night thanks to a blogger friend (who I have never met, but hope to one day). I ordered Addison some precious ribbon flip flops from Chez Ami back in the summer and have been meaning to try to make a pair that were similiar. I haven't taken the time to do it and after seeing Carly's post of the ones that she made for JA, I decided I would finally make the time. Colin was watching football last night after we got home from a family birthday dinner at Margaritas, so I pulled out the ribbon and a pair of flip flops that we got for free with an outfit and went to town. It didn't take long at all to get all the ribbons tied and Addison was so excited about them this morning. I still need to get the pinking shears and cut the ends, but I've posted a pic of them anyway. Carly, thanks so much for the motivation! My family cookbooks were also delivered this morning via Fed Ex. I was so excited to hear the doorbell ring and was like a kid on Christmas morning opening the box to see them in person. I can't wait to share them with my family. Until next time...have a super Saturday!
5 comments:
Those are so cute! MC just isn't quite to that stage yet where I can do stuff like that...and she doesn't quite understand crafts so I can't wait. Anyway, somehow we'll have to get together (Tyanne too) so I can introduce you to my good neighbor and friend, Carly!
Wow, I'm honored! Thanks for thinking those flip flops were cute enough to copy! Weren't they a cinch to make?
I enjoy your blog so much, too. We definitely need to plan a time to meet! I'm up for it!
You and Addison and Landry will have to come to Sam's birthday party!! It will be next month and we can do all the needed introductions!
The flip flops are adorable. I haven't got a chance to tell you how neat your cookbook is. I will have to purchase one after I recover from christmas.
The flip flops are adorable! When the boys get back into school I want to go look at your cookbook. Of course, it is on my computer which is at the computer "hospital" right now. All my computer time is borrowed from Donald's computer right now.
Post a Comment