There's no doubt that I have seriously felt like I have been running in circles lately. My work schedule has been insane! Even though I am getting a lot of things accomplished and being challenged to new projects, these past few weeks have been just a whirlwind. I have let the stress get to me and have let it invade my family time and affect my overall sanity. So, the point of all that? I realized yesterday on the way to work that I have been carrying all this stress by myself. Sure, I have a husband who is supportive and who has let me vent even though he is probably sick of my coming home close to 7 p.m., but I have not given any of this to God. Not once have I turned it over to him and asked for him to help take the load off. Not once have I asked for some reprieve from work demands during my prayer time. Why are we so hard-headed about carrying the load ourselves? Why must we always be in control? I've shared many times before that during our battle with infertility it was so hard for me to let go and let God take care of things. I wanted to keep my hand on everything and I learned a huge lesson about faith during that time. Even after all that, I once again have fallen prey to the idea that when dark clouds appear or stress consumes me that I must handle it alone. Does this sound familiar to any of you? If so, take a look at these. I hope you'll find as much comfort in them as I do.
My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. (Exodus 33:14)
It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. (Deuteronomy 33:27)
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. (Psalm 9:9-10)
I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (Psalm 16:8)
6 comments:
I am very much a control freak, I have a hard time letting go and letting God as well!
The blog looks great.
That phrase? "Let go and let God." It is so much easier to say than it is to do, isn't it. I am a control freak too. But when I get really, really hard on myself about it, I also remind myself that God created me like this and that He isn't finished with me. Each day He is refining me just a little bit more.
Yes, it is very hard to let God be in controll of your life sometimes (many times). The verses are a much needed thing to read.
Thank you! I so needed that! I am in the same boat with work. I don't leave as late but I'm wearing too many hats at work and often feel that I'm sinking! Thank you for the reminder that I am not alone and that God is in control if I'll just step aside!
That last verse is one of my very favorites and has been since college. I'm glad you're finding hope in it as well.
TGIF, right? Enjoy your weekend.
I needed to read Deuteronomy 31:8. I am going through a fearful time right now and I am certain God led me to your blog so I could read that verse. Thank you!
Post a Comment