Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Little Things


Putting on make-up while she watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. :)

Yesterday was one of those days! Little man was sick with a stomach bug and gave us a little scare, my tire was low on my car, the other car was on empty, I spent almost two hours in the waiting room of the doctor's office, and the list goes on and on. However, in the midst of all the chaos, the Lord sent me a message that he was there and that things would be calm again soon. The kids and I were headed home just right at dark, I was exhausted from the day and wondering if I was ever going to get everything done that still needed to be done, and then I heard my little princess in the back seat singing, "I got joy, joy, joy down in my heart...where, down in my heart..." I turned around at her and smiled and she said, "I sing Jesus in my heart, mommy." What a way to melt the fatigue from the day away!

I've posted a few pictures of her from this morning trying out mama's make-up. She LOVES putting my "lip gwoss" and powder on. When I think about how we tried for three years to have a baby, I look at both of my kids' sweet faces and wonder how in the world there are people in this world who don't believe in God!

Before I sign off for the day, thanks to Deanna for passing me this special blog award. It's in Portugese and means, "Blogging makes us close." Thanks, Deanna. You are super sweet. I've mentioned before that Deanna has a cooking blog also that is fabulous. I tried the crockpot chicken last night and it was wonderful over rice and easy, easy, easy! I can't wait to try her Baked Spinach Almond Chicken.

I pass this blog award to: Ashley and Amanda

3 comments:

AMANDA said...

It is so hard to slow down and really enjoy life when it always seems so crazy as you try to get done everything that has to get done throughout the day. It sometimes take a sweet little one to break you to make you stop and enjoy them and your family. God is Good! By the way, thanks for the blog award:)

Deanna said...

Sometimes you just have to wonder if God just whispers in their ear to say just what we need. Our kids are truly gifts from God in every sense of the word!

Ashley said...

its amazing how God gives us what we need when we need it.

and yay- thanks for the award. I think it may be my first time to be awarded anything. Ever. Seriously!