Update: The doctor said that my mom broke her knee cap and she is having surgery tomorrow. Please keep her in your prayers. And, thankfully, Mrs. Lelia is going to keep Addison in the afternoons as well while my mom recovers. I am so grateful for "La-La" as Addison calls her.
As a follow-up to my previous post, apparently my mom's fall was a lot worse than I knew about. She had knee replacement surgery on one of her knees back when I was pregnant with Addison and when she slipped earlier today on the porch...she seriously injured that knee. My dad had to rush home and take her to Mississippi Sports Medicine clinic and she will most likely have to have surgery again...something she hoped to never go through again. Thank goodness my brother was still at home when she fell and was able to help her. I am waiting to hear from my dad right now to see the doctor's verdict. In the meantime, I am trying to find alternate after-school plans for Addison for the next two months since my mom will be recovering for 6-8 weeks following surgery. Please say a prayer for my mom and that I can easily find alternate childcare. I pray that the recovery period is easier this go around.
2 comments:
hey- will be praying for your mom and for after school care! Check your email- I am sending you someone who may could help.
Your poor Mom! Keep us posted on how she is doing. That sounds terribly painful... the break and the surgery.
Post a Comment