Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nothing Better than a Girl's Night Out

Candee, Katie, Laura, Meg, me, and Mama in 2003 at a bridal shower we hosted for Meg.
Katie and me in 1997 (before all of my baby weight, of course).

Mama, Katie, Addison and me Christmas 2006 at Katie's holiday shower.


Last night, I took my mom to El Ranchero (our favorite Mexican place in town) to eat and meet up with some great friends of ours, Candee and Katie. I have known Katie my whole life, she was my maid of honor in my wedding, and she's one of those friends that you can sit down with after not seeing her in months and catch up instantly. I don't get to see her and her mother nearly as much as I want to these days because our busy schedules, so last night was a real treat. We met up around 6:30 and didn't leave until 9:30. We had a blast talking, laughing, venting, and even singing along with the mariachi band. Who knew that the mariachi band could sing "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys," which by the way is the song that my daddy sang to me each night when I was a baby. And Colin even survived bath and bedtime at home with the kids. Thanks, honey! I didn't bring my camera along last night, so I've posted some old pictures of me, Katie, mama and Candee. To Candee, Katie and mama---thanks for a wonderful evening out. This mama of two needed it!!

2 comments:

Taylor & Krisa said...

So glad y'all had a good time! Nothing better than old friends!

Deanna said...

This mama of two needs a night out. Unfortunately my sisters have schedules that are toooooo crazy! (Hear that, sisters?)