Friday, September 19, 2008
Oh, Jonah...
Isn't it bad when you can't get children's songs out of your head and you go around singing them ALL day long!? My sweet girl's latest craze is the story of Jonah and the Whale. Aunt Deenie bought her a kid's praise DVD for her birthday that we watch every morning and afternoon in the car. There's a song about Jonah, so she started asking about it. One night before bed, I read the story of Jonah and the Whale and she became obsessed over it and wanted a book or movie with the story. So, I ordered a Baby Miracle DVD with Jonah and the Whale and she has wanted to watch it every chance she gets at home and we still have to listen to the Jonah song on repeat mode on the DVD player in the car. She has been telling everyone she sees, "Jonah got in whale's bewwy!" Even though I can't get the song out of my head, I am very grateful that she has an interest in the story and is slowly learning lessons from the Bible, even if they are on her level. It's so important to plant the seed early! So, if you see me in the next few weeks, don't be surprised if you hear me obliviously singing under my breath, "Oh, Jonah, it's good to do what God says, you shouldn't run away and hide. He is always by your side!" Have a great weekend everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have a few of those songs stuck in my head too. I love her cute way of saying belly! on a more serious note, I always think about what is on in my car and what music I expose the kids to because I would be horrified if a less than nice song from the radio got stuck in one of their heads and I had to hear that all the time.
Sam's fav at the moment is "Thank you Lord for making me" which has a verse with alligators, a verse with monkeys and a verse with bears and I have to sing the alligator verse a million times a day.....But I love the fact that he is in love with songs he learns in Sunday School!
My kids are music lovers! I tell Trevor he is a walking ipod like his Dad. Morgan's favorite song right now is "Do Lord, Oh Do Lord, Oh do ya member me... Look way bee-yond da blue."
Buy some "Go Fish" CD's! You will be so happy you did. GREAT music that you and she will love. Plus at least you won't feel like you are going insane after listening to those over and over!
Post a Comment