Monday, September 01, 2008

Hello September..

Can't believe August is already over and now we're ringing in September with all eyes on the television as we track Gustav. I am hoping Gustav's westerly turn will keep us in the clear here in central Mississippi. Guess we'll see. In the meantime, we're enjoying some downtime today and spending time indoors as a family. Addison is doing great with potty training and has had almost no accidents in five days. We're pretty much considering her potty trained unless she starts to regress. We are so proud of her! I'll post my September desktop wallpaper from Shabby Princess that Deanna told me about a little later today or this week. In the meantime, I'll share a fabulous praline cheeseball that my co-worker Christy shared with me. I made it yesterday to take to my grandparent's house and it so yummy. Enjoy and stay safe today as Gustav makes landfall.

Praline Cheese ball

2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons grated onion
2 cloves garlic minced
1 teaspoon dill weed

Combine all ingredients and shape into a flat ball where the top will hold praline sauce.

one stick butter, melted
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 cup chopped pecans or pecan pieces

Mix all ingredients. Cool and pour over top of cheese ball. Keep refrigerated. Serve with crackers or sea salt bagel crisps. Tastes better when brought to room temp to serve.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I am going to have to try this one. I have a praline cheese ball but it is different from this one. Pralines... the language of the South!