Saturday, August 30, 2008

Leach Family Reunion and Evening at Rebel Yell


Worried about the black grass seeds on her hands.

"Deep-thoughts with Addison Leach" Have to be a Saturday Night Live fan to get that one!



I told her to say "cheese" and she said "cheeseburgers!"

She's had enough by this point and wanted off that stool!

Pawpaw and A.J. at the family reunion

Colin's cousin Stacey with Landry

We had a busy day today, but it was great nonetheless because it was packed full of quality time with family. We started off the day in Clinton at Colin's aunt Meridith's for the Leach family reunion that is held every year around this time. We haven't been in several years because we've always had something else going on, so this year we made an extra effort to go and introduce everyone in the extended family to our kids and vice versa. We discovered that one of Colin's cousins also has a little boy named Landry and that "Wilson" (Landry's middle name) is a family name on the Leach side as well. After the reunion, we came home and all crashed. The kids and I took a wonderful afternoon nap and woke up refreshed and energized (well, the kids more than me). Colin left around 5 to go to his second fantasy football draft, so the kids and I went to Rebel Yell to see Nana and Papa. Addison was in good spirits and I was in a picture-taking mood, so I snapped a few pics of her out in the back pasture next to my parent's house in the afternoon sun. If that late evening sun hadn't been so harsh, we probably would have stayed out there a lot longer...but we were both HOT! Oh how I dread the thought of Gustav knocking the power out for several days. I hope to update again soon depending on the weather, but if I don't get to... I hope everyone stays safe during the storm!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Oh don't say it. The thought of being in the heat... I just don't want to think about it. Blech!

The pics of Addison are so sweet. "Deep thoughts".. Ha! Ha!