Since Landry has reflux and constipation problems, we have to put quite a bit in his nightly bottle (all doctor recommended, of course). Since it's such an interesting mixture, I decided to post this unique cocktail. No lie, this is what it includes:
6 ounces of nursery water with fluoride
One drop of gas drops (self explanatory)
three scoops of soy formula (for lactose problems)
two ounces of rice cereal (for reflux)
one ounce of prune juice (for constipation)
5 ml of Zantac syrup (for reflux)
Mix all ingredients together, warm slightly and serve. HA! Is that not quite a combination? And, the sad thing is...the boy sucks it down! He's going to eat me out of house and home when he gets older.
We are celebrating Addison's birthday today with her party. She is so excited this morning! I'll post pics later.
2 comments:
Ah memories! We used to have to create a "cocktail" for Tman too. Isn't it amazing what babies will suck down?
We did the same for mine when they were little. We then went to acidopholis and papaya juice is suppose to re- build the good stomach acids after being on antiacids for so long. Good luck, I know the reflux pain. Our Dr. said to give milk of magnesia once a day and we did not have to do the prune juice so much. Everitt's reflux was the worst cause he was allergic to so much of the cocktail ingedients. If you ever need any ideas, I have been there twice with severe reflux. I hope he grows out of it soon. Poor little one, he is too cute to be in any tummy pain.
Post a Comment