Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ode to Saturday

I thank God every day for her sweet baby face!

Addison and Laiken


Pappaw Leist and Uncle Steve

Mammaw Leist making a "frog" face and mama pretending to be a monkey.


Amy and Kris

Pappaw Leist with the girls.

The birthday boy with his sister Logan and cousin Abby.

The girls love Pappaw Leist (aka Pappaw Funny)!

My brother (aka Uncle Chase)

Mutt and Jeff

Being silly

Nanas are the best!

Where's the party??

Addison in her first outfit of the day (before she hid behind the bedroom door with a permanent marker and drew on herself. Luckily, I was able to get it out of her clothes).

My sweet man just sits back and observes the rest of the world.


Oh, Saturday--why must you go by so quickly? We started off the morning getting to sleep in until a record 7:15---don't laugh, but that is late around here! It was raining outside and I think the sound of the rain lulled my kids back to sleep once they started to stir early this morning. Once we got up and moving, Colin headed off to try to buy me a used SUV. Ever since he talked me into getting rid of my Sequoia two years ago because of gas prices, I have missed it. He recently gave in and decided that we could go back to an SUV... as long as we bought something used with moderate mileage and not brand new. We explored several options, but ultimately ended up getting a good deal on another Sequoia that was just traded in from a lease....so this is a week-early birthday present for me. This afternoon, we headed to Edwards for a family birthday party for cousin Zachary. He's been back in town from Texas to visit before school starts, so we had a hamburger cookout for him at the pool house. It's been a nice Saturday and I really dread the thought of Monday. Here are a few pics from our day. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

3 comments:

AMANDA said...

I am glad to hear you finally decide on a vehicle. Sounds like a great saturday

Ashley said...

we recently had a marker incident too! Looks like you all had a great Saturday- yay for new cars!

jgosscreations said...

Wow I haven't seen Steve & Amy in years and as well as your mom. It have been a while. Addison looked so precious looked like they all had a blast. They grow up so fast. I am glad you found a car at a reasonable price that is always a plus. Talk to you later. Jerusha