.jpg)
As I have mentioned before, Addison starts preschool again on Monday. She will be moving out of her Nana's class and into Mrs. Jessica's two-year-old class. She couldn't be more excited. We have Open House this Sunday and I wanted to do something special for Mrs. Jessica so that Addison could give her a little "first-of-the-year happy" at Open House. Some of you probably have recently seen small kids with the sippy cups with the monogrammed fabric inserts. Well, I found some larger acrylic cups at Hobby Lobby for just a few dollars. I decided while making inserts for Addison's sippy cups, I'd make two larger ones for Mrs. Jessica so she would have a cute drinking cup in her class during the school day. With the help of my friend Amanda and her fabulous monogramming machine, we made two inserts for Mrs. Jessica's cup. Addison has been so excited about them and can't wait to give them to her. I've attached a picture of Addison modeling the two designs.And, while I am on the subject of Addison....I have a funny story to share. We discovered last night that our child is probably the only child in the history of the world to be traumatized by Disney's Finding Nemo. Addison is just now getting into watching Disney and Noggin (until now we have limited her to mostly Baby Einstein and her Leap Frog DVDs). We were flipping the channels before dinner last night and I noticed that Finding Nemo was on, so I started telling her about it and how our friend Lane loves Nemo. She got really into it, but was already tired and hungry (aka irritable) and started crying about Nemo losing his daddy. I promise no matter what we told her--she cried almost the entire movie saying, "I want his daddy find him." We kept reassuring her that Marlin would find Nemo, but she had to see it for herself. I kept trying to turn the television off--since it was obviously upsetting her---but she would cry even harder, because she wanted proof that Marlin and Nemo would be reunited in the end. Shew! Talk about drama queen!!! Her daddy just laughs and says, "I wonder who she gets that from?" :)
5 comments:
how cute, isn't it funny the things little kids are scared of? several years ago, E and I took my niece to see Finding Nemo in the theater when she was about two. Apparently, we sent her home to her parents traumatized from it too. My sister said she talked (and cried) about it for months!
yes, it is quite tramatizing the first time, but i think that is why Lane loves it so much (not the sad but that they find Nemo at the end). You know him it is all about the adventure.
Awwww, you've scarred her for life by watching Nemo! hahahahaha
I think it is sweet! It shows how special her own Daddy is to her and she doesn't want anybody to be without their Daddy!
Don't show her anymore Disney movies. Most of those don't have any MOTHERS either!!
O Sara! I wish I were her teacher....that cup is too cute! Think you and Amanda would be in the business to design one for me? With all the water I will be drinking...I would love to make a fashion statement! :)
Post a Comment