Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Daddy's Got You
In browsing blogs this morning, I noticed that there are several of my blog friends who are going through tough times right now. Let's face it...life is just tough and sometimes we feel like we are pulled in a million different directions or we feel like we are in the middle of a storm that we can't quite get out of. Lately, Addison has been wanting to watch Finding Nemo over and over again and I noticed something last night when I was watching it with her for the gazillionth time...something that I really needed to see. After Marlin's wife is eaten and he feels like all is lost, he finds the one little fish egg that contains Nemo. He picks it up and says, "Daddy's Got You." Isn't God just like that?? When all hope is lost, when we have lost everything and we need a reason to even get out of the bed in the morning, God gently picks us up and says, "Daddy's Got You." I find such comfort in that! So, whatever your circumstance today, just know that God always picks us up when we are fragile and reminds us that he's in control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great post. I feel like that Footprints poem right now where God is carrying me. He definitely has a tear soaked shoulder from me right now, but I feel so safe knowing "He's got me."
I really enjoyed this post. You are so right. Its funny how we can find a strong message in movies, ect...
Post a Comment