Thursday, August 28, 2008

Growing by Leaps and Bounds

I know I have said it before, but I am amazed at how much Addison has matured in the past couple of weeks. Over the summer, we have been slowly introducing her to the potty by encouraging her to use it in the mornings and before bath as well as when we see her squatting to use the bathroom in her diaper. This weekend, I talked to her a little about how big two-year-olds don't need to use the bathroom in their diaper. My plan was to keep talking to her about it and in a couple of months start with full-blown potty training. However, yesterday morning at school she told my mom that she needed to go potty. She tee-teed on the potty and started telling my mom each time she had to go. My mom called me and said that it seems like she might be ready since she's so enthusiastic about it. With that, we decided to strike while the iron was hot. Even though I bought her panties over the summer, mama went and bought her a pack of princess panties since she loves the Disney princesses right now. She was so proud and was excited to pick out the ones that she wanted to wear. She did so well yesterday and only had one little accident while she was trying to run to tell me that she needed to go. She was so upset about it saying, "mama, I got my Ariel panties wet." I explained that it was okay because accidents happen and that I was proud of her for coming to tell me that she had to go. She did great the rest of the evening and even held it this morning in the car on the way to school. She sits on the potty and says, "Wook, daddy...I a big girl." She also made me smile this week before bedtime while were reading books. She wanted me to read Nemo to her like we've had to do every night for the past two weeks. I finally said, "why don't you read it to mama." She said, "okay, once pon a time, a crownfish name Nemo wived in ocean and his daddy wost him...." Too cute!

My Landry man will be three months old on September 5th. Can't believe it. We call him our little chunky monkey! I am hoping he doesn't ring in his three month birthday with a hurricane party!

And before I sign off, Happy Birthday to Mrs. Amanda!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Update to today's post: Addison wore panties to school today and didn't have any accidents. She used the potty at school and was so excited. I am so proud of her!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Way to go, Addison! Tell Mom you need a trip to get ice cream to celebrate!

Melissa said...

Congrats to Addison, she is in the big girl club now. Go out and get her some underoos!

AMANDA said...

thanks, I had a great birthday!!!!