Thursday, August 21, 2008

Coming of Age

Headed to preschool

Dress-up as Belle

And now Cinderella

And, don't forget Snow White

And, here's our precious prince! "Hey, will y'all stop playing dress-up and fix my bottle, please!"

As Addison nears her 2nd birthday, I have noticed a big transformation in the past few weeks. First of all, the child who would never sit still for longer than five minutes to do anything is now asking to watch Disney movies and sits down to watch most of it as she plays with other toys. She has also enjoyed watching the Olympic gymnastic events this past week and applauds at the end of each routine. We call her our little Shawn Johnson. They refer to Shawn as a "daredevil with a smile"---yep, that's our Addie! She did a flip off of our bed the other night (which is fairly high), landed on her feet, and then threw up her arms up in the air like a gymnast. Wish I had that on video! Colin's mom bought her three Disney Princess dress-up outfits back at Christmas, but she was a little young for them at the time. With the new interest in the Disney movies (especially Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, etc), she had a fit over the dresses last night when I showed them to her. She asked for them as soon as we got home this afternoon and wanted me to take a picture of her in each one and show it to her on the camera display. I've posted the pics of her modeling her princess gowns. Notice the wild hair! No matter what I do to her hair in the morning, this is how it looks by the afternoon. And, yes, even in dress-up clothes, she still looks like her daddy! Her birthday party is Saturday and she is so excited. Someone else also has a birthday this weekend and just for the record, it's the last one that I am celebrating. :)

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Looks like she has plenty to choose from when Halloween rolls around!! She can even come back and do costume changes if she wants to and get tons of loot. So cute!