I'm it! Melissa has tagged me, so here it goes. :)
Six Things You May Not Know About Me:
1) I have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). Just like Ashley, I admit to counting steps, counting when I wash my hands, or when doing things that I don't particularly like to do. I also am obsessed about pictures on the wall being straight, not having clutter or mess, and pillows being straight and fluffed on the bed and couch. However, (and I am not ashamed of this) I take a mild anxiety/anti-depressant that specifically helps with my OCD, so I don't get nearly as overwhelmed about things as I used to. If I did, I'd have a nervous breakdown with the mess that comes with two kids. Thank goodness for Zoloft!
2) My hair is really light brown, but thanks to highlights I stay blonde most of the time. Funny things is, I was born with black curly hair, then it went to straight blonde/dirty blonde and now it's brown with a little bit of wave. It gets darker and curlier with my age (and hormones), so I guess it's trying to revert back to how it was in my infant days.
3) It took three years for me to get pregnant with Addison. We tried for more than a year and then spent almost two years going through fertility treatments to get pregnant. I found out I was pregnant in April 2005 and lost the baby at six weeks. He/she would have been born around Thanksgiving that year. We took a break after a few more treatments and conceived Addison on Christmas Eve 2006 while on a two-month break from all treatments. My little Landry man was then conceived after one short month of trying. Isn't God good!!
4) And, while I am on the subject of conception...Colin and I discovered that we were conceived in the same little apartment on South Street here in Vicksburg. Stay with me and I'll explain, Colin's parents lived in an upstairs apartment on South Street when they were younger and that's where Colin was conceived. In talking with his parents one night and looking through pictures, I recognized the apartment and asked about it. After calling my mom, we discovered that Jamie and Roy moved out of the apartment soon after Colin was conceived and my parents moved in. Oddly enough, I was conceived there as well. Our parents never knew each other at that time.
5) I love to throw parties. I love cooking and making appetizers, decorating, creating floral arrangements, etc. The only part I hate about parties is cleaning up afterwards. If I could quit my job and pursue a dream, I'd own a catering business.
6) And finally, I have watched the movie Steel Magnolias more times that I can count. I can quote almost every single line of the movie. I even wrote a research paper in the 11th grade on a comparison between Robert Harling's screenplay Steel Magnolias and Thornton Wilder's Our Town.
Rules We Can't Ignore...
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules to your blog
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted
I tag Carrie, Megon, Amanda, Deanna, Krisa, and Becca.
1 comment:
Proud of you for telling about your OCD. Sounds like you are doing well. More people need to talk about things like this so other people will not feel alone. How strong you and Colin are for going through all the infertility. God is good, so glad he blessed you with Landry. Totally not a coincedince about the apartment. God knew all alone you two would be together. You should start your own buisness one day when the kids get a little older, sounds awesome! I guess, you might have considered "Blush and Bashful" for Addison's Wedding one day..LOl! Enjoyed getting to know about you.. This was fun!
Post a Comment