Monday, September 22, 2008

Stomach Bug, Trunk Show, Game Night, New Baby and Birthday Party All In One!

Addison going into Nana's new house to check out the progress. Thanks to Miss Amy for letting us borrow the cute turtle outfit for a few months. Unfortunately, "brudder" got to wear his outfit twice before he was bursting out of it.
If I could just keep her this age forever.

My nephews enjoying salsa at Pappaw's birthday celebration.

More of the crew...it was soooo dark in there.

Little lovebug!

Pappaw with whip cream on his nose from the Margaritas crew.


Little Miss Emma

My little man was taking it all in.

My nieces who are growing up way too fast!!!


Shew! We had an incredibly busy weekend and I actually was glad to see Monday come around. I know, I know--- I can't believe I just said that either. My angel girl woke up Friday morning with a stomach bug. She was better by Saturday morning and no longer throwing up, but was still a little irritable and just not herself. Despite her illness (and though I felt extremely guilty), I hosted my Just Ducky show Friday night and Saturday with help from my mom and Colin taking care of the kids. My cousin Lindsey also welcomed a precious baby girl, Lydia Mae, at 11:52 p.m. Friday. We are so happy that she's finally here. You can see a picture of her on Taylor and Krisa's blog (Two Rowlands at a Time). My friend Amanda and I stopped by the hospital Saturday evening on the way to game night to visit Lindsey and see Lydia, but the nurses had taken her to do some lab work and I didn't get to see her and was a little bummed. Amanda and I headed to game night with our church friends (my hubby was sweet enough to watch the kids and give me a break since I kept them Friday night while he was at the WC game) and had the best time. We laughed and laughed until our sides hurt and the girls stomped the boys! Sunday, we skipped church to give Addie another day to recover from her bug and then headed to my parent's house to eat lunch and see the progress on the new home construction (see Rebel Yell in my blog list). We wrapped up the weekend with a birthday dinner with all the family at Margarita's in Clinton for Pappaw (Colin's dad) since his birthday was earlier this week, while Addie stayed with my parents to get some extra rest. Happy Birthday, Pappaw! I am now looking forward to the upcoming weekend to recover from this one. :)

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

What a weekend!!! Is addison better today?

Deanna said...

Good grief! You need a weekend from your weekend.