" Hmm...not sure about this stuff..."
" You really want me to eat this?"
Circus Day!
Always tumbling....jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
We've been busy, busy lately. As I mentioned in my previous post, I have a lot of pics to post, but just haven't had time to sit down and download pics until now. Landry had his first taste of baby food last week and wasn't too excited. We started him off on squash and he didn't know what to think about it. I am not sure if it's the texture, the taste, or just the overall experience of eating from a spoon---but he wasn't thrilled. Guess we'll try carrots next to see if we have any better luck. I am actually very surprised, because Addison took really well to baby food and she never had the appetite that he has. Friday, Addison had Circus Day at school. I sent a few bags of cotton candy and some circus peanuts (the old fashioned marshmallow candy kind) along with my camera so that Nana could get some pics. The kids had a grand ole time walking on the balance beam, feeding the peanuts to elephants, eating popcorn and other snacks, tumbling and jumping through a hoop. Addison was so excited to tell us all about it. Friday night, Amanda gave me my first sewing lesson on my sewing machine that I got for Christmas last year. Colin had a bet that I wouldn't get it out and use it for a full year, so we had to prove him wrong. I bought some cute whimsical Christmas fabric at Hobby Lobby a couple of months back, so Amanda showed me how to set up my machine and make a swing top for Addison. Even though we were up until midnight (we did a lot more talking than sewing at some points), we finished it! Thanks, Amanda! Addison was so excited when I tried it on her Saturday morning and wanted to wear it all day, but I had to convince her that we needed to save it for Christmas.Saturday, of course, we celebrated Colin's birthday with family (see previous post) and had a great time. After church on Sunday, we headed to Rebel Yell to take some pics of the updates on the new house. Addison and Abby decided to play in the pile of sand leftover from the bricking of the house and were covered from head to toe in sand. They had a blast. I had to scrub Addison's scalp last night to get sand out and I'm sure I missed some. Gotta love being a kid!!! Sand is always fun for the kid, but not so fun for mamas when it comes to clean-up. :)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
5 comments:
I too have a sewing machine I got TWO years ago and haven't used it. Still waiting on someone to take pity on me and show me how to thread the thing.
Looks like you all had a great weekend!
Happy late Birthday Colin!
I haven't used my sewing machine in three years! Thank goodness Nana sews! I have managed to make Morgan two outfits on Nana's machine but I need a sewing for dummies course!
Circus Day looks like fun. Rebecca was going to be in Mrs. Jessica's class this year had we not moved. Good luck with the sewing. It will be fun to see all our little girls in their cute homemade outfits.
Cute pictures of all the kids at school! I am gonna come and try to take some of the class at halloween when they are dressed up as long as I don't have to work. I got Laiken a Mermaid Costuem so it is Purple and SO cute :)
PS- if u don't like Traditional Sushi u should try BBQ Sushi they have fish/ chicken ones and they are all cooked!OR you may not have the taste for Nori(algea paper aka "seaweed")but sometimes u can find it wrapped in Rice Paper. :)
Happy Birthday Colin. I love his cute expressions when he was eating his squash! What a fun day at school!
Post a Comment