Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dog Paddling

The pretty fall leaves in our front yard.

Acting mad

And then laughing after she couldn't keep a straight face anymore. HA!


I have been soooo busy these past few days that I feel like I am just dog paddling to keep my head above water. I know we all have times like this so I am certainly not looking for sympathy, but just explaining that I am definitely ready for some downtime. I am so thankful to have friends and family who keep us busy, but between social events, tasks at work, housework, grocery shopping, spending quality time with my kids, the hours and days just keep rolling by and I want to say, "hang on a second, let me catch my breath." :) As always, my kids keep me grounded and make me smile when I am feeling the most stressed. Addison made me laugh this morning when I tried to take pictures of her in a denim jacket that she is obsessed with now that the weather is cooler. She insists on putting it on anytime she sees it and wants to zip it all the way up to her neck. You gotta love toddlers! Anyway, I asked if I could take her picture and she tried acting like she was mad, but she's so silly that she couldn't keep a straight face (hence the two pictures posted). I am so glad that she inherited her daddy's playful sense of humor. We are still loving the fall weather. Addison and I have been taking a walk in the afternoons when time allows. Addison loves pointing out how the leaves are turning red and yellow, so we made a trip out of taking pictures of fall leaves. I can't wait until "brudder" is old enough to do these things with us. Tomorrow night is my monthly girl's night with my mom, Katie and Candee, so I am super excited about that. I will defintely enjoy catching up with the girls and just having a chance to breathe for a minute. Until then, I am going to just keep dog paddlin'. Have a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

She is just a hoot!

AMANDA said...

She is definatly her daddy made over.