Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

This one is for you, Deanna! I am sure there are a million different ways that you could make these, but this is what I used:

1 (18.25 oz) box spice cake mix (you can use yellow cake mix as well)
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners. I recommend lining with paper liners since the muffin batter is kind of sticky. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves until smooth. Spoon equal amounts into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes (my oven baked in 23 minutes) until a toothpick comes out clean.

For the glaze, I used a 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, a Tablespoon or two of water, a dash of vanilla and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. Mix together and drizzle over muffins with a whisk. I am sure these would be fabulous with cream cheese icing, but I tried to save time with a quick glaze in a bowl instead of getting my mixer dirty. Enjoy!! So yummy with coffee or glass of milk!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Yea! Thank you so much. Sounds so delicious. The boys will enjoy making these. I hope they will eat them as well as Addison did.