Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Productive Day Off

Enjoying our picnic at the park

All that playing makes a girl thirsty.

Enjoying her chicken nuggets

My little man was just so happy to be outside to watch his sissy play.

Daddy's girl

The look on her face in this pic makes me laugh. I always catch her right in the middle of her saying "cheeseburgers!"

We enjoyed having Columbus Day off yesterday, but I'd hardly call it a day off as I got many tasks accomplished---prepared a meal for Colin's grandparents while Colin took Addie to the ENT for a check-up, cleaned the bathroom, washed clothes, took the kids to the park for a picnic, did a preschool project with Addison, fiddled with my sewing machine and the list goes on. With all that, I still managed to squeeze a nap in. Addison wanted me to lay down with her and rub her back at naptime. I was so worn out from all the morning activities that I fell asleep with her. HA! My sweet husband was thoughtful enough to come lay a quilt over me so that I wouldn't get cold. Thanks, honey! Afternoon naps are always the best and my kids are such good snugglers when they are tired. I vote for a four-day work week every week. Maybe I would actually get more things marked off my to-do list that way.

3 comments:

Anna said...

I'll second you on that vote... I must admit I was a bad mommy and took Brooke to the daycare so I could accomplish some mommy tasks, and I got a short nap in the process. I'm glad you enjoyed your day off as much as I did mine!

Sweet T said...

Landry is so cute. He looks alot like you. Sounds like you made the most of your day. It was action-packed.

Deanna said...

So sweet! I love it when the boys are off on weekdays. It is just so fun.