This may be a little random, but I thought I'd post a few things on my current favorite things list(other than my family, of course).
-I am loving all the silicone baking products. I recently bought a silicone bundt pan and the silpat (silicone baking mats) and I absolutely love them! They are so easy to clean and everything you bake comes out so easily with the non-stick surface. Whoever came up with the idea to use silicone for baking products deserves a kiss!
-Blurb.com is an incredible site that allows you to design your own book (photobook, cookbook, blog book). If you have a blogger site or one of the other popular blog sites, you can download software from Blurb and import your blog. You can then go in and save/layout the entries you want and delete the ones you don't. What a better way to preserve your memories than in a bound book that you can create. (Note, the technical team is currently working to fix some of the issues with importing blogs on the site, but they hope to have it fixed soon). As if I don't have enough on my plate right now, I am using Blurb to create a family cookbook called "Sweet Tea, Anyone? A Collection of Southern Family Favorites." Now, if I can just get this done before Christmas!
-The mom in me loves the new product called Boogie Wipes. I saw them in a parenting magazine and decided that we would try them out since Addie keeps a runny nose. They come in a small package and look like baby wipes, but have a special saline ingredient in them that helps loosen yucky stuff in kids' noses. A must-have for the diaper bag.
-And, finally---my name is Sara and I am an E-bayaholic. I LOVE E-bay. I buy so many of my kids' clothes on there. I've learned what brands to shop for...Anavini, Silly Goose, Castles and Crowns, Potato Saks, Chez Ami, Kelly's Kids, Ragsland, Smartie Britches, Greggy Girl, Amanda Remembered, Viva La Fete, Justy Ducky, Pollilops, Three Mommas and the list goes on.... and I usually end up getting them for 1/3 to 1/2 of what I would pay in the store and most things still have tags. And the great thing is that I can turn around and sell things (like Addison's Pottery Barn crib bedding) and get some return on my investment. Gotta love that!
7 comments:
I too am an ebay addict. I get most of Sarah's dressier outfits from there, Bill won't let me dress Sam up anymore.
Hey Sara! I love your blog!! I got a bunch of silicone baking stuff when I got married and the first time I used one I thought they they were going to be awesome because you could pull them right out of the oven without having to use mitts...I quickly found out that wasn't the case! ha! Besides that, they ARE great!! Thanks for sharing all those cool things!!!
I can't wait to get onto Blurb and start working.
I used to use eBay, but once I discovered Etsy I kind of never looked back.
Hey! I tagged you for a book meme. Come visit to see the rules.... really easy.
I am with you on the silicone baking stuff too!! I love the way they cook evenly. I can not beleive our kids and playground on tuesday. We always said the two of them were fearless. If the inspectors only knew that.
I love the boogie wipes too~ It also prevents red, chapped little noses too.
And I really need to get in the ebay game!
Hey! Thanks for the comment I added you to my Blog list too :)
Post a Comment