One thing I love about the Fall is pumpkins...decorating with them, cooking with them, burning pumpkin pie candles, etc. I've tried to start a trend by baking a special treat for the teachers at First Pres each month and letting Addison help. Addison loves cooking with me, so it's great for us to have quality time in the kitchen. Last month, we made the Praline Cheeseball as many of you know. Tonight, in honor of Fall, we made pumpkin muffins with a pumpkin pie spice glaze. The recipe was sort of improvised, but actually turned out quite nicely. Addison liked them and even asked for another, so I figured that's a good way to get something other than chicken nuggets in her. I just used a box spice cake mix, ground cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and a can of pumpkin puree (no eggs, oil, or anything). It was super easy to mix. Then, I made a powdered sugar glaze with a little water, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice and drizzled it on top. I just hope the teachers like them. I know Addison is so excited about taking them to school tomorrow.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
I Heart Pumpkins
One thing I love about the Fall is pumpkins...decorating with them, cooking with them, burning pumpkin pie candles, etc. I've tried to start a trend by baking a special treat for the teachers at First Pres each month and letting Addison help. Addison loves cooking with me, so it's great for us to have quality time in the kitchen. Last month, we made the Praline Cheeseball as many of you know. Tonight, in honor of Fall, we made pumpkin muffins with a pumpkin pie spice glaze. The recipe was sort of improvised, but actually turned out quite nicely. Addison liked them and even asked for another, so I figured that's a good way to get something other than chicken nuggets in her. I just used a box spice cake mix, ground cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and a can of pumpkin puree (no eggs, oil, or anything). It was super easy to mix. Then, I made a powdered sugar glaze with a little water, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice and drizzled it on top. I just hope the teachers like them. I know Addison is so excited about taking them to school tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
That sounds delish. Recipe?
Post a Comment