Sunday, October 12, 2008

Livin' for the Weekend

My wild child tackling "brudder."

"Now I lay me down to sleep..."

Our new cousin

Babies, babies everywhere! Can't wait to add Mary Morgan and Kennedy to the bunch soon.

Sissy can always make him laugh.

He is in such awe of his sissy. I hope it stays that way.

The weekend always go by way too fast. Luckily, we have tomorrow off for Columbus Day. Yippee!! We've had a great weekend so far. Friday night, Colin worked the chains at the WC game while the kids and I hung out with Nana and Uncle Chase. Nana gave Addison some Halloween books (that she calls Palloween) and she loved climbing up in Nana's lap to read them. Thanks, Nana! Saturday, Colin took the kids over to his parent's house while I slept in and then did some things around the house. The kids always love visiting with Nana and Pappaw and I enjoy the downtime. There's nothing like the pitter patter of little feet in the house, but silence is welcomed sometimes also. After naps, we loaded up the kids and took them to Rebel Yell to stay with Nana and Papa for a few hours while Colin and I went to Madison for a couple's baby shower. We took advantage of having a babysitter and had dinner at Biaggi's Italian Ristorante at Colony Park before the shower. The food was excellent (just like last time we went) and it was nice to have some time together as this was first opportunity to have a dinner date sans kids since our anniversary in July. We headed to the shower, which was a lot of fun. The hostesses did a fabulous job and we enjoyed seeing everyone and having more adult conversation. This morning, we headed to church. Colin and I had nursery duty, so we took advantage of the nice weather and let the kids play outside. After church, we got to see baby Lydia at my grandparent's house. It's hard to believe that when Taylor and Krisa's twins come in December, there will be four infant carriers lined up side by side. God has truly blessed our family this past year!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

That is the CUTEST picture for your blog header!

Ashley said...

I agree- that pic is precious!

and also, thanks heaven for grandparents! What would we do without them!! (absolutely nothing, probably!)

Melissa said...

I LOVE THE PICTURE! All those sweet babies in the family is such a Blessing.